Friday, January 23, 2009


This is the ATC I have made for an Arabian Nights swap on the ArtTechniquesATCs yahoo group.
When I showed my Dear Heart he looked puzzled and said "what has that got to do with the Arabian Nights?!?" Being hormonal I saw red and wanted to kill him even though I know that this ATC is not very Arabic feeling however I returned with "can't you see the belly dancer?" in a how-dumb-are-you-tone. "That's a belly dancer?" came his reply ... death was imminent ... he was only saved by the sweet voice of the Princess asking "Daddy, of course it's a belly dancer, can't you see the coin belt?"

So I suppose an explaination is due as to why my Arabian Nights ATC is far from Arabian. When I think Arabian Nights I think belly dancing, which is something I love doing and only wish I didn't look like a floundering beached whale when I do it! The pattern on the serviette I used reminds me of the beading and coins on a belly dancing coin scarf/belt. The image highlights techniques I wish I was better at ... back bends and floor movements ... as well as the incredible beauty and joy of belly dancing.

1 comment:

Mary S. Hunt said...

i saw the connection right away!
:)