Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Murder of Misty and other gruesome tales

Until I sat down to write this update I had been thinking that I have been incredibly slack these last few weeks as I felt I had not done much more than read and sleep. How wrong I have been! Firstly I quit my job ... yay for me! I am sooooo much happier although paying the bills will be a little harder we survive these challenges. Dear Heart and the Princess have been happier too.

To say I'm a bit messy would be an understatement ... I just seem to have better things to do than cleaning a house. Now that I don't have to haul myself into work each day I have vowed to get this place clean ... I started on the kitchen last week and it is now beautiful and sparkling clean ... sent heaps of stuff to the op shop ... cleaned out every cupboard ... wiped down shelves etc ... now I just have to spread that out to the rest of the house ... hahahahaha ... the laundry is next as the most amazing amount of crap gets shoved in there.

And in amongst being the domestic goddess I am I have actually been making ATC's and trying my hand at inchies and a pendant ... the pendant was a dismal failure so that can be relegated to the rubbish bin with no hard feelings. Inchies are stupidly small ... 1" x 1" squares ... and I haven't finished so no pictures yet. However I will show you some of my ATC's.

The yahoo group arttechniquesatcs runs an Artist of the Month (AOM) swap. This month the artist is Misty Mawn whom I admire very much and must apologise to her profusely for "murdering" her style. Here are my attempts for this swap:







The yahoo group ATCOZ is running a bear swap. This will be my first swap with this group and I am a little nervous ... I hope they like these bears. I have been carrying around this bear magazine for about 15+ years because it is just so odd ... like a VOGUE but for bears .. with fashion tips, horoscopes, Dear Abby, etc ... very cute. I transfered the images using Opals and I'm really happy with how they turned out.








I broke my needle felting needles last week so haven't been able to play with those ... boo hoo ... and looking for something else to try I was inspired by Ruby & Lay Hoon to try Zentangles. Here are some of my efforts.









So that is it for now ... I have to go be Mum and wife now ... ciao

6 comments:

Ruby Claire said...

WOWOWOWOWOWWW!! You have been busy and I love it all!
The Zentangles are so RAD!
Yehha all these artworks are awesome!!
xx

Anne said...

I really like your ATC cards. I like the colors you picked and the arch in each of them. They are lovely! :-)

Mescrap said...

The Zentangles are so awesome. And I love your Misty too !

Eliza said...

Hey there Miss Oddity gees I have named you well haven't I?

Love the atc's in the Misty Mawn Style they look totally fab girl and the technique is well done I am impressed.

The Zetangles look great too unfortunately I have never got into them as they just arn't my style, but I do like yours.

The kitchen is done and now the laundry is under attack keep it up girl you are doing great.

hugs smiles and kisses from your Queen.

Miss Oddity said...

Hey My Queen,
Without you and Lucy I wouldn't have been able to do the Misty ATC's so giant thanks to you both!

fiona4802 said...

Hey, didn't we used to do something very similar to this in high school? They look great.