Friday, August 8, 2008

Soul Journal - Collage Potpourri

This week I have been catching up on Soul Journal playing and trying to finish off other odd jobs as well. This week I clearly see what a mess I live in ... hmmm some decluttering is required and I'm not just talking about my house!

So here are my Collage Potpourri pages ...

When reading catalogues and magazines I have now started looking for interesting shapes because I like this magazine silhouette technique ... thanks Sarah.

My Dear Heart thinks this one reflects exactly what my last few weeks have been like! I really enjoyed painting with a plastic fork ... great for texture.

Now this page I am happy with and feel it is complete. I'll be heading back to the Collage Potpourri lists again to do other projects.

And finally we had to go back to our taped pages and alter them. I really liked my taped page and wish I had ignored this bit of homework. This is what I have done so far and I am not happy with it and will come back to it at a later stage.

Over the weekend I am going to try and catch up with my fellow Soul Journallers blogs as it has been a while since I popped in on them.

9 comments:

Kathryn Costa said...

What wonderful pages you have here. A nice assortment of colors. In the first one I love how you only see your lettering in the man's shape and the color on this page is stunning.

If the second one reflects the kind of week you have been having, mine would look quite similar only looking like shards of glass all broken with lovely things in between. It has been a crazy mix of a week!

The profile in the third one is fabulous. Like you I'm loving that technique. It may be my favorite take away from this journey so far -- well other than having a great collection of pages and some new blogging buddies.

The last one is simply divine. I love, love, love the colors and textures and layout. I love that it is simple and rich with details. I want to rub my hands all over it and feel every bump.

Great job!

Virginia said...

I love love love your pages..Colours and textures are amazing!!!

Cheryl Gebhart said...

I love your collage pages - those were my favorites of my own as well.

Christy said...

these pages are great. i actually like your taped page. i liked it before also but that addition of the flowers embossed on metal tape (i'm guessing that is what it is?) looks really good with the rest of the spread being about the tape and color. nice!

SUE said...

Having found the Soul Journal thing rather late, I have just popped on to say how much I love your work. The three collage pages are superb. I hope you are starting to heal now after your terrible loss

Eliza said...

Love the first page and love the rest too and what do you mean you need to declutter. If anyones needs to declutter it is me....

Love ya
HRH

Anne said...

Your potpourri pages are so beautiful. I'm not to that point in Sarah's journaling prompts, yet - but you are making me want to skip ahead! Yours turned out so great!

By the way, if you'd like to trade blog links, let me know! (Just click through my name and e-mail me!) Its been such a treasure to not only work on my own journal, but to see what everyone else is creating, too!

Jennifer Williams said...

I love your tape page! I'm at a loss on how to finish mine. Are the flowers metal tape? They look really cool!

Miss Oddity said...

No the flowers aren't metal ... they are an adhesive backed felt- like (maybe flocked?) strip of flowers. I've had it for a little while and it is out of it's packaging so I don't remember any details ... sorry.