Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Soul Journal - Misfits and Finger painting

Well the main part of our journey with Sarah on our Soul Journal is coming to a close. The last of our formal prompts have been given and my results are below. Sarah is letting us soar free to continue our journey in our own way ... my knees a knocking! Actually it is funny that at the start of our journey I would fly through the prompts and eagerly await the next step and loved the homework teasers as they built up the excitement as I wondered what was to come next. However, these last three pages have taken me days to complete ... I've taken my time, not hurried things along by using my heat gun etc. I'd like to think I was savouring the journey but no ... I was actually just trying to delay reaching the end! I feel a sense of loss BUT I also feel really pleased with what i have achieved throughout this journey. I have learnt so much and am thankful to Sarah for her enthusiasm, creativity and support. I intend to keep working in my Soul Journal and look forward to where the journey takes me.

So here are the last 3 pages.

In this first page we had to make a collage from photocopies of Soul Journal pages we had already made ... it was interesting to look at sections of one page and see how they could be used to create something new. I enjoyed doing this page.

This second page of MISFITS is one of my favourites and a technique I will use over and over again.


And finally a finger painted self portrait. I don't like it! It was hard to do the details ... I don't think I really look like that ... I felt uncomfortable creating this page ... I can't do faces! ... I'm crap at painting ... arrrggghhhh. However the wonderful thing I have learnt on this journey is that I can change this page - so I plan to come back to it one day when I feel more confident and reassess it ... decide then whether I will accept it and move on OR change it in some way ... it is my art and my choice! Thank you Sarah for teaching me this.



3 comments:

Mescrap said...

Thanks for leaving comment in my blog.
I love your journal pages. And I have same feeling (loss) as you that to start our own journal page... but however, I'll try.
I'm so happy to meet you in this wonderful & artful blog land.
I'll added you in my list and re-visit your blog again.
Take care.

Sandy..... said...

I love your fisfit characters! It's funny how everyone's lines actually turned out very similar and yet they all evolved into very different characters~!

Anonymous said...

Is there treatment for post Soul Journal Depression? I felt like that, delaying, knowing the end was near. Hasn't it been fun? Your face is face is wonderful.

Hey an idea I used was to pack actual US notes for the postage. I saved some from my last trip and it s the best way to send stuff over, art wise.