Sunday, July 27, 2008

Soul Journal - Home Sweet Home

I'm glad that the task of the last few days has been based around our home and our family as we have been very family focused here. On Thursday my Princess received an academic achievement award for her work in first semseter and on Friday it was my Dear Heart's birthday so on Thursday night we went out to dinner to celebrate ... love doing that! On Friday, after being dragged to karate where the floor is freezing!, we had cake and opened pressies. There is something beautiful about giving a pressie that means so much to someone you love that they cry. Yesterday we spent the day in Geelong watching a karate tournament ... incredibly amazing and incredibly cold. Today I got to play again. YAY!

After drawing our houses we had to collage over some of the drawing ... hahahaha I just couldn't stop!

Sarah has shown me that I don't have to panic about perfection. I didn't worry about what I put down on the paper because I knew that this was not going to be the finished product. I felt free to try different scraps, covering up one layer with another scrap if I wasn't happy. There was no negative self talk while doing this task just lots of fun.

OMG! Whilst writing this I have received the most tragic news. My beautiful 21 yo nephew Russell took his life today. I have spent the last hour on the phone talking to my mum and brothers and sisters. I will be offline for a while as I will be heading down to be with my family tomorrow.

I can't write anymore so I'll post the pictures of my painted page and my family.




11 comments:

Jane B. said...

I am sorry to read your news about your nephew - what a sad and tragic happening. Your world in your soul journal looks so happy and bright - know that time truly does heal wounds, and that you will soon be safe to come out and experience the sunshine in your art again. Sincerest condolences, your fellow Soul Journaler, Jane

Christy said...

i am so very sorry. my thoughts and prayers will be with you during the painful time.

Sarah Whitmire said...

Oh no. I am also very sorry to hear this. We are here for you if you should need us. Take as long as you need.

*HUGS*

Sarah

Kathryn Costa said...

I am so sad to hear about your nephew. so so tragic, indeed. I'm sending you love and warm hugs to you and your family.

arlene said...

Nothing anyone can say will make sense of this. I am so sorry, and am sending prayers for you and your family.

a Soul Journaler,
arlene

Virginia said...

I am so sorry to hear your devastating news...My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours..

Eliza said...

Hey Babe my heart reaches out to you and is there if you need it at anytime day or night you just ask. Love to all your family from my house to yours. I am thinking of you all the time with love.

HRH

Dale said...

I've been peeking at everyone's Soul Journal...and you have the most unique and delightful concepts. I love love love the house!

PS I'm so very sorry to hear about your nephew.

Cheryl Gebhart said...

That is so terribly sad - I'm really sorry.

Your journaling is wonderful however - and I hope it brings you some relief from your grief.

Anne said...

Sorry to hear your news. So difficult.

I really like your house and neighborhood pages. And I love your Karate Man, Wonder Woman, and Princess paper dolls. They rock! :-)

Jennifer Williams said...

I'm so sorry to read about your nephew. My heart goes out to you and your family. I do hope the journaling has brought a small excape from what you are going through.