- Belly Funk - learning sexy walk and bum pop ... unfortunately I look like an hilarious floundering whale ... not sooooo sexy!
- Good Deed of the Week - drove a stranded motorbike boy to the airport so he wouldn't miss his flight to King Island.
- Karate - I am not very coordinated and spent most of the class laughing and 3 steps behind everyone else.
- Reading - Me and Mr Darcy by Alexandra Potter
- ATC's - Finished N103 in my Nudes series (pictured far right), completed some for a forum swap themed "homemade embellishment" and finished another called Triangular Man (pictured)
- Weight Loss - nil ... hot chips and chocolate called to me this week and I indulged them. Really need to stay focused this week and exercise more.
Sunday, July 22, 2007
Sunday, July 15, 2007
After the ultrasound that confirmed the we were indeed having a Princess, Dear Heart was jubilent because he wouldn't have to play footy with her. My heart sunk at the thought of being the one to give the sex talk, my only relief was that it wouldn't be for at least a decade. How wrong was I?
Dear Heart and I have always believed that it was important that Princess Ruby knew the proper words for body parts and even though this has caused some strife over the years ... police on the doorstep ... we have made sure that we stuck to our guns.
Over the years the questions asked have been relatively simple to answer. My friend Janelle had given me a great picture book called "Hair in funny places" that has dealt with many of the earlier questions. However a new awareness has dawned on our little one this year and the questions have become more complex.
- what is sex?
- how does the baby come out of the vagina when the vagina is so small?
- do tampons go in your anus?
Obviously her little ears have heard the word sex mentioned and wanted to know what it was. I really did try to explain it in a simple 6 year old way however her best friend had been a little more graphic than I so more questions arrived. I was fairly lucky to find another picture pop up book that uses the same words as we do that explained in a little more detail. At the end of that discussion her questions were:
- how does the penis get into the vagina when it is so floppy?
- does it hurt?
So if you haven't had to give the sex talk yet think yourself lucky and be prepared!
So how did I go this week?
- Since my last weigh in 2 weeks ago I have lost another 4 kgs.
- To date I have lost 11 kgs!
- My ball gown does all the way up and doesn't feel so tight that it hurts to breath.
- My Body Mass Index (BMI) was 32 when I started and is now at 28.
- The healthy range for my height is between 20 - 25.
- Overall my measurements are reducing or remaining the same ... only my thighs have increased but they feel like muscle now ... not so flabby.
- Neck reduced by 2 cm
- Hips reduced by 5 cm
- Bust and just under my bust have both reduced by 3 cm
Goals for the week ahead:
- Count calories as I go
- Reduce chocolate snacks
- Start doing sit ups to target tummy muscles
I should be more active in the coming weeks as Princess Ruby is back at school on Monday so I will need to start getting up earlier (aaaarrrrrgggghhhhh!!!!) and be a little more organised to run her to her activities. Belly Dancing starts again on Monday so that should get my tummy working hard.
Overall I am very proud of what I have achieved in the last 4 weeks. I am such a goddess in the making!
Friday, July 13, 2007
Monday, July 9, 2007
Sunday, July 8, 2007
Saturday, July 7, 2007
I know that there is nothing here at the moment however if you pop back I will be adding things soonish.
Princess Ruby and I have to go swimming now however I am hoping that I can get to play a bit later .... but what to add?