Monday, July 9, 2007

A Weighty Issue

I live in this body and use it the best I can but I often forget to look after it. So when I see a picture of myself like this one it comes as a big shock. This picture was taken on June 10th at my Mum's 70th Birthday celebrations and I am horrified at how fat I am now!

So even though I have known for a while that I need to get fitter and healthier I am now really doing something about it.

I have started watching what I eat and trying to keep my daily food intake between 1200 and 1400 calories and no more than 40 grams of fat. I have given up full strength coke and no longer eat chocolate constantly.

I have started working out on a treadmill and although I am still at a walk it is a fast one ... I am hoping to start running soon.

So far I have lost 7kgs! Last week I got a little cocky and stopped counting calories and ate a bit more crap food. Needless to say I don't think I reduced my girth and I refused to get on the scales to confirm this. Back on track this week and hopefully when I weigh in on Sunday I will be that little bit closer to my healthy body goal.

2 comments:

nellie said...

Hello poppet :) Just got your email and thought I would check this out - but the pic does not show up :( how can I compete with you in the fat stakes if I cannot see your pic????

Miss Oddity said...

Hi Janelle,
Nice to see you here. I wonder why the photo is not showing ... hmmm I'll have to work that one out and fix it.

Hope all is going well with you
Kisses
Liz