Thursday, September 11, 2008

It's hard to post an update with a 7yo singing musical songs ...

aaaarrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! I do love my Princess very much and yet I sometimes wonder where her "off" switch is ... she does like to be the centre of attention. Does that come from being a "lonely only"? Actually she is waiting to call her best friend but my mobile is in the car and Dear Heart has the car so we have to wait for him to get home and like most 7 year olds she really isn't into waiting.

She is happy as she has finally lost her two front teeth ... just don't call her gappy!


Last night I went belly dancing for the first time in months and had a great time ... I love belly dancing ... when I got home I found this note:

For those of you who can't read 7yo it says "In playroom not coming out because mum wrecked my thingy." Even though I laughed (not in front of her) I am very impressed with this note and I'll explain why but first let me give you some background.

The Princess has some anger and emotional issues and at times gets incredibly distraught and usually I cop the brunt of her melt downs. She also likes to conduct experiments in the bathroom making potions etc. I am currently working hard at cleaning the house and this week it has been the bathroom. Last week she set up some leaves in a bottle with powder and goodness knows what else and left a note asking us not to "rec" it. This week on my cleaning frenzy I moved the experiment from the bathroom to the bin. It took her a few days to realise what I had done and rather than have a melt down she wrote the note and lay down in her playroom for a while. She was over her anger by the time I got home.

I am impressed with this because writing a note about how she feels is one of the ways we have been trying to get her to deal with issues. Best thing ... I didn't get screamed at for 45 mins! A break through I'd say. Yay!

I'll try posting another update when I have some alone time. hahahahahahaha

1 comment:

Shawna Bates said...

Lol..I find this funny too. How sweet!! My son writes me letters to and puts them on my pillow. he got in trouble the other day and wrote me a note and signed it "caleb the sun u don't love" I swear he was meant to be a girl!