Saturday, August 4, 2007

Hopeless Romantic


Friday 27th June Dear Heart and I went to the ball and had a wonderful time. Must have been a little drunk because I happily and voluntarily got up and danced. Lost my necklace which was a bit of a bummer.

Decided to pin curl my hair for the ball and this picture is of my hair half uncurled before making a mad dash for the bus. We went to the ball in style (hahahaha). Dear Heart and I spent the trip trying to undo curls and get my hair into some semblance of order. All done minutes before we jumped off the bus at the ball.

I have been in such a great mood that it was a big surprise when I crashed this week. Dear Heart and The Princess have had the flu and I think I got a little of that and a little of the blues. Only ended up working 2 days this week. Spent most of Thursday in bed crying. Crazy I know. I am now on the improve and can face life and its challenges head on.

I have come to the conclusion that one of my problems is that I am a hopeless romantic and well sometimes reality doesn't shape up the way I would like it to. Then it thuds home that I am one of the luckiest girls in the world and romance isn't hearts and flowers and all that mushy stuff that the first flush of love and lust provide.

Romance is letting me sleep late on a Sunday or remembering to tape my favourite TV show. It is the timely touch or the smile at a secret joke that has been shared for nearly a decade. Romance is seeing me at my worst and still having the courage to stand by me. Romance is what I have every day of my life. Soon I will crawl into bed and lie beside my Dear Heart ... he will roll over, snuggle up to me, throw an arm over me, kiss me and fall peacefully asleep. Safe, secure and loved. Happy romantic me.

No comments: